Wednesday 23 May 2012

Long Marriage


There once was a little old man and woman who had been married happily for 75 years. They never kept anything from each other. But, the little old woman had a box in her closet which she told her husband not to look at. He respected her wishes and thought nothing of it.

One day the little old woman got very sick and her husband was afraid she was going to pass on. So while she she was lying in bed he brought her the box she had in the closet. "I think it's time you tell me what this is about",he said to her. He opened the box and found two handmade doilies and N20,000.

The woman started to explain,"My grandmother had a long and happy marriage and before I got married she told me that the secret to a good marriage was to not get mad with your husband, She told me whenever I was mad I should just go and make a doily"

The husbands eyes filled with tears. In their long marriage of 75 years his wife had only been mad at him twice! "And what is the N20,000 for?",he asked. "Oh that's the money I got from selling the doilies"

In the box he also found a little piece of paper with a prayer on it. This is what it read:Lord, Give me the strength to love and care for others, Give me the strength to please them, And also Lord give me the strength to strangle my husband. Amen.

Please post your comment below.
For more funny jokes click here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment